Create a MyUCR Account Get updates and
track your admission status.
- Why UC Riverside? 50 good reasons to choose us.
- We Rank HighSee how we rank in what matters.
- Visit UCR Days Take a tour on a Saturday if you can't come on a weekday!.
- Talk to Us Contact an admissions counselor.
International Students See admissions requirements just
Transfer Students Learn about transferring
- Take a Tour Visit UCR, see housing and explore the campus.
Walk Backward. Lead Forward.
Discover what it takes to get the
"happiest job on campus."
"Being a tour guide is a great job to have. I love meeting and interacting with new people. To me, it definitely beats sitting behind a desk. I can converse with prospective students from all over and grow overall as a presenter, leader and speaker." - Noelle Espero
"At the Campus Tours Office, we have a welcoming and loving staff. We provide an individual with a better understanding about the world through interaction with others." - Gabriel Hernandez
Being a campus tour guide is more than just giving tours. You’re the face of UCR to prospective students, their families and important community members. Tours have a huge impact on college decision-making, which means you have a huge impact on everyone that comes through our doors. If you’re excited about sharing your college experience and have a passion for changing lives, we encourage you to apply!
We Look for Students Who:
- Are articulate, professional and responsible.
- Share a strong enthusiasm for UCR.
- Are positive and outgoing.
- Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment.
- Know our campus, its events and activities well.
- Know UC admissions requirements well.
- Can address all questions optimistically.
- Reflect the diversity of our student population.
- Are active in the Highlander community.
- Speak fluent English.
For the benefit of our visitors, when we hire first-year students, we only do so in their second quarter. We hire very few seniors because training is so time intensive and their focus tends to be degree completion. Work-study applicants are welcome.
As a Campus Tour Guide, You:
- Guide memorable walking tours for individuals, families and large groups.
- Provide a positive visit experience to all guests.
- Staff the front desk.
- Assist in Undergraduate Admissions projects.
- Perform data entry and office support as needed.
- Participate in training.
- Work a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 19 hours per week.
- Change lives!
We hire about once a quarter. Here’s how to apply:
- Complete an online application in SCOTlink.
- If selected, you will participate in a group audition.
- If selected from the audition, you will participate in an individual interview.
Before the interview, in SCOTlink, please:
- Print a Federal Work-Study Placement Form.
- Print the job description and attach it to the Placement Form.
- Take both to the interview.
Newly hired guides are trained by seasoned mentors on all aspects of guiding tours, including tour presentation, customization, campus facts and customer service. New guides will not lead a tour until deemed ready.