Create a MyUCR Account Get updates and
track your admission status.
- Why UC Riverside? 50 good reasons to choose us.
- We Rank HighSee how we rank in what matters.
- Visit UCR Days Take a tour on a Saturday if you can't come on a weekday!.
- Talk to Us Contact an admissions counselor.
International Students See admissions requirements just
Transfer Students Learn about transferring
- Take a Tour Visit UCR, see housing and explore the campus.
High-speed academic programs, assistance with
Print a Military/Veteran Checklist
educational benefits and strong support.
How to Get In
- Contact an admissions counselor! Using your transcripts, they can determine if you should apply now or need additional course work, and whether you should apply as a freshman or transfer.
- Use the Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) to plan and track your course work.
- Secure Your Future at UCR Now! Guarantee your admission with our Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG).
How to Apply
- Submit your application November 1-30. All applications are due November 30!
- Applications are only accepted in November for a start date the following fall. Students are not admitted mid-year.
- See a step-by-step guide to the application process. Gather information early and give yourself plenty of time before the deadline!
- Print a Military/Veteran Checklist for a detailed timeline.
How You Can Afford It
- Student Special Services will help you maximize your educational benefits.
- See how affordable UCR is and the many ways we make college possible.
- Learn about state and federal military/veteran educational benefits, including the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
- Our Operation Education Scholarship provides extensive support and is open to those disabled on active duty after 9/11/01 (and their spouses).
- Veterans are eligible for exemption from the Deferred Payment Plan application fee and the first late fee each quarter.
- The majority of UCR students graduate in four years.
How You Will Fit In
- Connect with current UCR military/veteran students on Facebook.
- Our Military/Veteran Peer Mentors are happy to show you the ropes!
- Meet our diverse students.
- Plug right in to campus life.
- Live in our Transfer Student Theme Hall, campus apartments or family housing. Our Housing office can help you find a military roommate (if desired) and will work with you if your GI Bill payment is late.
- Come to Highlander Day and meet us in person.
- Take a virtual tour
How We Stand Out
- As an acclaimed research university, our academic programs are UC solid. From business and engineering to science and humanities, you will graduate with a degree the world respects.
- We are a GI Jobs Magazine “Military Friendly School,” an honor given to the top fifteen percent of schools doing the most for their military/veteran students.
- At UCR, you can conduct research as an undergraduate.
- See how we rank as a UC rising star.
- See 50 more good reasons to choose UCR.
How We Support You
- Student Special Services will assist you with everything from processing benefits to setting you up with disability accommodations for which you may qualify.
- Our Veterans Support Team provides points of contact campus-wide.
- Military/Veteran Peer Mentors help you transition to student life, connect you to the campus community and can be a friend when you need one.
- UCR's Association of Veterans and Service Members offers advocacy, workshops, scholarships, policy news and more.
- Enjoy priority registration (continuing students), special veteran family events, leaves of absence when deployed and our new veterans' lounge.
- Discover our Ethnic & Gender Programs.
- Learn about free tutoring at the Academic Resource Center.
- Explore honors opportunities.
How to Stay Connected
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Follow us on Tumblr.
- Follow us on Instagram.
- Join UCR Student Veterans and Service Members on Facebook.
- Like UCR Veterans Services (Student Special Services) on Facebook.
- Follow UCR Veterans Services (Student Special Services) on Twitter.