Create a MyUCR Account Get updates and
track your admission status.
- Why UC Riverside? 50 good reasons to choose us.
- We Rank HighSee how we rank in what matters.
- Visit UCR Days Take a tour on a Saturday if you can't come on a weekday!.
- Talk to Us Contact an admissions counselor.
International Students See admissions requirements just
Transfer Students Learn about transferring
- Take a Tour Visit UCR, see housing and explore the campus.
From research to law to pre-med, see how UC Riverside
springboards the ambitious.
Take a Pre-Med Path
The School of Medicine at UCR enrolled its first four-year class of 50 medical students in August 2013. Within the school, the Thomas Haider Program at the UCR School of Medicine will provide a unique pathway to medicine exclusively for UCR students. Through the program, up to 24 of the seats will be filled by students who attend UCR for at least six consecutive quarters and complete their bachelor’s degree at UCR.
UCR also has several pre-med pipeline programs designed with your success in mind.
- If you come from a disadvantaged background and are interested in a career in science and/or medicine, FastStart can help you start college strong.
- Enjoy academic support, research and career development with The Medical Scholars Program, a community of students working toward careers in the health sciences.
- Find support with The Health Professions Advising Center, a resource for those pursuing careers in the health industry.
- Join Future Physician Leaders, a mentorship program for pre-med students interested in serving the community as physician leaders in the Coachella Valley and Riverside-San Bernardino. Highlights include lectures, workshops and a six-week summer shadowing program.
UCR nurtures brilliance. Fast track to medical school, conduct innovative research and live in residence halls with students as dedicated as you are. If your goals are sky-high, UCR is your school.
Prepare for Law School
UC Riverside offers pre-law advising, support services and a broad range of majors perfect for those on a pre-law track.
- Combine your major with UCR’s unique Law and Society cooperative major for an even more comprehensive pre-law foundation.
- Apply for The Ernest Lopez Award and earn a cash award for law school.
- Intern at The UC Center at Sacramento and get hands-on experience working with California’s top policy makers.
- Intern at the UC Washington Center and see first-hand how the law comes to life.
Conduct Research as an Undergraduate
As a cutting-edge research university, UCR offers you an opportunity some other major universities won’t: the chance to conduct research as an undergraduate. Study mathematical billiards like Robert Neimeyer, or stage an original play with a faculty mentor. (Not all of our research happens in a lab.)
Programs across all disciplines connect you with faculty mentors, host several symposia to showcase your accomplishments and publish the year’s best work in an undergraduate research journal.
Join a Stimulating Learning Community
If you are naturally curious and value intellectual challenge, you should apply for University Honors. If accepted, you will:
- Work closely with talented professors in small classroom settings
- Thrive through exciting seminars, experiential learning and a culminating thesis.
- Prepare for prestigious scholarships and awards.
- Live in the Honors Hall surrounded by students as driven as you.
- Graduate with a distinction desired by graduate programs and prospective employers.
University Honors Admissions
Most enter as freshmen, but there are later entry points. Admitted students typically
have superior grade point averages, a strong application essay, exceptional leadership
qualities, unusual life experiences and/or significant community involvement. For
application deadlines and more information, visit University